Do you ever look at your dad and wonder, “hmm how did he look back then?” or “How did he use to dress up in 80s?” or “How did men use to style their hair back in 80s?” If yes, then congratulations! We have answers of all your questions. Because today we discover about the men’s fashion from 80s! Specially the hairstyles from 80s. Exciting, isn’t it?
The 80s era was the time of ruthlessness. The time of bold statements and vibrant colours. A unique fashion fusion was born during this time. Bringing the revolution in men’s fashion and mens hairstyles in the 80s. Come with us to take a stroll to the 80s era and discover the men's hairstyles of the 80s.
What hairstyle was popular in the 80s crossword clue?
The nostalgia has just begun. On our journey to the past, we have discovered some of the famous men's hairstyles of the 80s. However, some sounded and looked way ridiculous. Whereas many of them became unforgettable.
On the top most we have put the famous Mullet!
The might mullet had been the symbol of 80s era. We doubt there were hardly any men who did not have mullet at least once in 80s! And on that note. We dare to call a name we all must have heard, BILLY RAY CYRUS! The poster man of the most famous 80s hairstyles men.
Next up, we have the Pompadour
If you still miss the inner Elvis Presley of yours. Then you must be aware of pompadour. A hairstyle which had nothing to do anything with except for the volume. Often can be stated at the ‘big hair’ movement, pompadour remains on the top second of our lost.
Perms, curls and guess what? Lots and lots of hairspray!
Mens hairstyles in the 80s embraced the perms and beautiful curls like no one else. Tight curls and loose waves. Almost all wavy style were in fashion back then. And yes, all thanks to hairspray (and some natural hair beauty).
10 Most Popular 80s Hairstyles for men 2023
Living in 2023 but having the 80s soul? Wish to look modern but carry the vintage 80s as well? Want to live your true self but cannot miss the modern beat? Worry no more. Why? Because we have really got you covered with our list of 10 most popular 80s hairstyles for men in 2023!
- Mullet but with a modern touch: Mullet still remains timeless. It’s a classic hairstyle that may never go out of trend, no matter which era you live in.
- Wavy perm: Waves are always the best option for any fashion lover. You want to be stylish want to keep it simple, go for wavy perms.
- Pompadour redux: This hairstyle is still in trend. Even after decades, it goes on hard and strong. Only it is updated to modern version with more voluminous on the top and fade on sides.
- Quiff: Just like mullet, this remains classic. Get the swept up front and shorter sides. And you are ready to rock 80s in 2023.
- Faux hawk: Mohawk has modernized too. Shorter sides and long hair at the back centre. Bold and stylish.
- Shag swag: Popularized from the rockstars of 80s, this hairstyle is making a resurgence in the modern world.
- Retrieved bowl cut: Well, hard to believe. But the bowl cut has made a great come back with modern cuts and textures.
- Top fade: Hip-hop culture is behind the fame of this cut. Flat top which goes faded at the down strikes a great look.
- Crew cut: The timeless style with a new twist offers a clean and bold appearance.
- Feathered hair: Long layers which gives a great to your face has made a slow comeback in the modern era.
Did men curl their hair in the 80s?
Absolutely yes! Even it was quite common for men in 80s to curl their hair. Chemically done perms and waves were also pretty famous back then. Men and women both had a good taste of fashion in the 80s era. The perms in 80s resulted in variety of curly hair. Men did not stay away from experimenting with their hair. From loose waves to tight curls, almost everything was done at least once by all men. Mens hairstyles in the 80s was pretty much different from what men carry now. To be blunt and honest, today’s hair is lowkey simple whereas the 80s hairstyles male short or long, both has vast variety.
How do you get poofy 80s hair?
Let us help you help yourself to get that poofy 80s look.
- Prep your hair well before styling.
- Try upside down blow dry.
- If nothing works, try hairspray.
- Accessories or get the expert’s help.